B SHARP MUSIC PROGRAM
Como Elementary Lions will "Roar to Success" with its unique B Sharp Music orchestra program and the pursuit of academic excellence. While portions of the B Sharp program are integrated into the school day, program enrichment occurs during the after school program where students are given the opportunity to learn from practicing professionals.
The mission of B Sharp is to foster positive youth development and community engagement through an orchestra and ensemble-based music program and to promote campus-wide academic excellence. B Sharp students will utilize a tutorial program established to support student achievement.
During the after school program, B Sharp students receive 10 hours of free music lessons provided by practicing professionals. Instruction includes percussion ensemble, step and orchestra. Throughout the school year, students will take field trips and experience the music community first-hand.
THE B SHARP MUSIC PROGRAM PROVIDES:
- Music lessons taught by practicing professionals during the after school enrichment program held from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Academic acceleration promoted campus-wide
- Visiting artists
- Access to Fort Worth Symphony and Bass Hall
- Active support from leading Fort Worth arts and academic foundations
- Field trips
- Opportunities for students to perform in the Como and Fort Worth music community