Riverside Applied Learning Center (RALC) implements applied learning strategies to help students become independent thinkers and team players who work together to problem-solve and create real-life products and services. Through real-world connections, students comprehend the value of what they’re learning and how they can affect the community and world. Considered to be a hidden gem by many, RALC prides itself in producing independent life-long learners.
RALC utilizes the talents and contributions of staff, parents and community members for students to become self-directed, creative and innovative problem solvers. Using the District’s Curriculum Frameworks as the basis for instruction, RALC students have multiple opportunities for hands-on learning, to participate in a variety of projects and to complete authentic work.
- Ballet Folklorico de Estrellas, chess and basketball clubs
- Use of Renzulli Learning System, a web-based program where students are able to access their work at home for independent research
- Annual Curriculum Festival to highlight student learning
- Promotes values of diversity, creativity and risk-taking
- Students receive a narrative report card as well as numerical grades