Como Montessori Middle School provides a strong, challenging academic program. Its uniqueness comes from the personal and social empowerment of the students that broadens their social skills, strengthens their leadership qualities and develops their individual learning styles. Students play an active role in establishing a positive school community through peer-tutoring and helping to facilitate school activities. Montessori students take responsibility for their learning and learn to make appropriate choices. A Montessori education prepares a child for life.
- Partnership between middle and elementary students to enhance learning
- Advanced courses for high school credit available in algebra, art, English and Spanish
- Use of Renzulli Learning, allowing students home access via the web to guide and facilitate independent learning
- Opportunities for participation in academic clubs such as Whiz Quiz, UIL Number Sense and Math Competition, Yearbook and CMS Steppers
- Classes in photography, band and choir
- Outdoor Learning Environment integrated into the curriculum
- Participation in University Interscholastic League, community service, science and history fairs, Leader Kids and Middle School Leadership Conference