TEXAS ACADEMY OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES PREPARATORY
The Texas Academy of Biomedical Sciences Preparatory (TABS Prep) program paves the way for students interested in higher education and careers in the healthcare workplace or medical research. The University of North Texas Health Science Center, the University of North Texas and Tarrant County College-Trinity River partners with this dynamic program. TABS Prep students will be given priority in the application process into the Texas Academy of Biomedical Sciences (TABS) High School, an early-college high school program.
TABS Prep students gain a clear understanding of how to succeed in high school and college through high expectations and academic challenges. The students will receive individual counseling for transitioning from middle school to high school, preparing for college and career and develop a broad range of social and leadership skills. Research shows that most students who are prepared for high school will also be prepared for college. TABS Prep engages students in those critical middle school years, leading the way for success in high school, college and life.
- Builds skills needed for college and careers in biotechnology, forensics, biomedical science research and various medical fields
- Opportunities for participation on athletic and academic teams
- Enrichment provided by a wide variety of electives including Medical Dissection, Medical Forensics, Junior Cadet Corp, AVID, Band, Orchestra, Theatre Arts
- Provides rigorous, innovative curriculum that concentrates on Pre-AP/honors math and science
- Exciting, action-oriented atmosphere
- Offers high school credit classes in Biology, Algebra, Geometry, English I, Art I and Spanish
- Prepares students to meet and exceed state averages in test performance
* Incoming 7th graders must attend a 1-week summer program and incoming 8th graders must attend a 2-week summer program in connection with the UNT Health Science Center and TCC-Trinity River Campus prior to attending TABS Prep.