Teaching & Learning
The Division of Teaching & Learning provides instructional resources, leadership and training to support rigorous learning opportunities in the classroom, which result in successful completion of a high quality school experience for all students.
Want to find out what your child is learning in school this six weeks?
- Guides to Grade Reporting - 2012/2013
- To help you understand how and what you student is being graded on, the District has published a variety of Guides to Grade Reporting in both English and Spanish. For more information, click on the links below.
- >> A Parent's Guide to Grade Reporting - PK: English
- >> A Parent's Guide to Grade Reporting - PK: Spanish
- >> A Parent's Guide to Grade Reporting - KG: English
- >> A Parent's Guide to Grade Reporting - KG: Spanish
- >> Elementary Guide to Grade Reporting
- >> Secondary Guide to Grade Reporting
UIL No Pass, No Play Course Waiver List - 2012/2013To participate in extracurricular activities under the University Interscholastic League (UIL) regulations, students are required to maintain passing grades in all of their courses. Texas law and administrative code (TEC 33.081 and 19 TAC 74.30) identifies honors classes where students receive a UIL No Pass, No Play Waiver. Students in any of the courses found on the list entitled "2012/2013 FWISD Approved Courses for UIL No Pass, No Play Waiver" may still participate in UIL extracurricular activities, even when a course grade falls below the passing standard.
>> Download the 2012/2013 FWISD Approved Courses for UIL No Pass, No Play.
Graduation Standards and Catalog of Courses and Materials, Bulletin 100 - 2012/2013
Revised and published annually, Bulletin 100 provides information related to curricular and policy changes regarding graduation requirements, course offerings, and instructional materials.
>> Download the 2012/2013 Bulletin 100.
Curriculum on Demand
>> Here you will find tools and resources designed to facilitate communication among your colleagues and to assist you with using FWISD software applications and professional development resources (e.g. Waiver Day presentations).