A Cumulative Folder is a paper file containing a student’s education record. It typically contains all the following information:
- last report card
- last transcript
- immunization records
- attendance records
- withdraw slips
- standardized test scores
- third party request information
- other pertinent student information
Cumulative Folder Retention
The cumulative folder is housed at the last school the student attended until it has been inactive for 2 years. At that time, the record is transferred to the Student Records Office where it is housed for an additional 3 years. Cumulative folders are destroyed 5 years after the student leaves the Fort Worth ISD. This complies with the Fort Worth ISD record retention schedule.
Cumulative folders for students attending an alternative school will be held at the student’s home location.
If a 5th, 6th, or 8th grade student finishes the school year, but is a “no-show” for the following school year, the cumulative folder will be found at the feeder school where the student should have attended.
Cumulative Folder Access
Cumulative folder information may be released upon written request from:
- a parent/guardian, provided the student is younger than 18, or is 18 or older and a dependent.
- the student, provided he/she is 18 years of age or older.
Copies of the cumulative folder record are available at $.10 per page.
Requesting Cumulative folder records
If you are:
- An individual, contact the Student Records Office at 817-814-3250. Proper identification (birth certificate, valid state issued ID, Social Security card, et. al.) is required.
- Fort Worth ISD school personnel, contact the Student Records Office at 817-814-3250.
- Non-Fort Worth ISD school personnel, and the student:
- attended Fort Worth ISD less than 2 years ago, send the request to the last school the student attended (see exception above)
- attended Fort Worth ISD more than 2 years ago, fax your request to the Student Records Office at 817-814-3255.