Phase III of the project focuses on the SIS implementation.
The following steps outline the key activities of Phase III to occur between January 1 and August 14, 2013:
- FWISD project managers and team will work with the selected SIS vendor to develop an implementation timeline, series of milestones, and methodology for implementation and training.
- SIS data governance will be established to manage the phased implementation, a prioritized list of SIS components to be implemented, and a set of operational controls to manage the data conversion.
- System and data integrity will be verified.
- Components of the Student Information System will be rolled out.
- Training will occur by roles, will be in blended forms to include face-to-face, webinar, and on-line components, and will occur with a proficiency based approach, promoting levels of attainment for all users.
- Target date to go live for the 2013-2014 school year.