FWISD Summertime Fun and Teaching Opportunity
Fort Worth, Texas - The Fort Worth ISD is looking for certified teachers to work with the Vital Link Program this summer. Vital Link is now in its 26th year!
Vital Link is a half-day, week long unpaid summer internship program for incoming 7th graders. Students are placed in work settings so that they can be exposed to and understand how the skills they learn in school are skills that they’ll need for workplace success.
Vital Link will take place June 12 - 16 and June 19-23, 2017. Teacher supervisors are needed to help students discover how skills such as oral and written communication, reading, mathematics, technology, creative problem-solving and teamwork are used in the workplace.
- Meet with the business/organization before the internship to plan the week.
- Verify attendance of all students in their assigned group.
- Meet students at the designated bus stop, accompany them to the business, supervise them on site and return with them to their original pick up site.
- Facilitate the internship for both the students and the hosts.
- Help students make the academic-workplace connection and assist them in their journal writing.
Teachers selected will be expected to work both weeks of the Vital Link program and attend a half-day, mandatory training in May, 2017. Teachers will receive a $525 stipend for each week (for a total of $1,250), a $21 stipend for the mandatory training, and a $200 stipend for the time spent making student calls prior to the start date of the program (during the week of June 5-9.) Total Compensation is $1271.
FWISD teachers must complete an application and submit it to the Community and Strategic Partnerships office no later than March 24, 2017. Application can be found on the Community and Strategic Partnerships page.
For additional information contact Peg Murphy in the Community and Strategic Partnerships office at 817-814-2960 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.