Welcome to World Languages
The vision of the FWISD World Languages Department is to foster a culture of global collaboration that advocates for equity and access to ensure success for the academic, linguistic, and social success for all language learners in preparation for college and career readiness.
FWISD World Languages department provides a variety of opportunities for students to interact with language and culture outside of the classroom, including:
- Night at the Museum - An evening at the Kimbell Art Museum designed especially for middle school students
- Global Gallery Night – Language students serve as docents, leading discovery tours of the permanent collection of the Kimbell Art Museum and featuring works specific to the language studied
- World Affairs Council- Students attend luncheons featuring speakers such as the ambassadors of Canada and France to the United States, as well as international news correspondents and businessmen
- Sister Cities International – Language students travel & explore the international connections between Fort Worth and its global sister cities around the world.
- Study Abroad
- Language Honor Societies
- ACTFL - American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- TFLA - Texas Foreign Language Association
- SWCOLT - Southwest Center on Language Teaching
- CIEE - Council on International Education Exchange
- AATSP - American Association of Teachers of Spanish & Portuguese