Welcome to World Languages
To provide all Fort Worth ISD students with equal opportunities to learn more about the world and themselves through rigorous, relevant, real language learning and authentic cultural experiences.
The vision of the FWISD World Languages Department is to become THE premier high performing articulated K-12 World Languages program within an urban school system in the United States. We will fulfill this vision by:
- producing students who understand that language leaning is a life-long endeavor;
- producing students who are competent and proficient language speakers;
- producing students with a high level of cultural competency;
- producing students who are ready to compete and collaborate in the global marketplace;
- providing students with greater opportunities for future personal and professional advancement.
- Night at the Museum - An evening at the Kimbell Art Museum designed especially for middle school students
- Global Gallery Night – Language students serve as docents, leading discovery tours of the permanent collection of the Kimbell Art Museum and featuring works specific to the language studied
- Students attend World Affairs Council luncheons featuring speakers such as the ambassadors of Canada and France to the United States, as well as international news correspondents and businessmen
- BRAVO – Language students shadow members of international businesses in Fort Worth, with possible internships
- GOALS – Go Out and Learn Successfully evenings for parents and students providing tips for high achievement and proficiency in a world language classroom