Secondary Open Transfer
School Leadership works collaboratively and comprehensively with school leaders, staff, and the community stakehoders to foster a successful learning environment, which is focused on raising achievement for ALL students. This is supported by aligning with the district mission, "Preparing all students for success in college, career, and community leadership."
We support well-rounded and effective professional learning opportunities for all educational stakeholders. It is our goal to engage, inspire, and challenge administrators to foster culturally rich schools that grow into institutions of academic excellence under their leadership.
The Fort Worth ISD District student transfer process has transitioned to a digital format. The Student Transfer Process will utilize a lottery system similar to the Fort Worth ISD Gold Seal programs. Parents may request a transfer from their child’s home school to another campus, where space is available.
A transfer, once made, shall remain in effect as long as the student is in the same school. Parents will be responsible for transporting their child if granted a general transfer.
Public Education Grant (PEG) transfers from low-performing schools will also be accepted during this timeframe. However, a student from a PEG campus may not transfer to another low-performing school. Campuses that have been identified as PEG campuses have already received transfer information.
- J.P. Elder Middle School
- Leadership Academy at Forest Oak 6th Grade
- Leonard Middle School
- William Monnig Middle School
- Phalen Leadership Academy at James Martin Jacquet Middle School
- Riverside Middle School
Several FWISD campuses have been identified as "limited space" campuses because they are near their maximum enrollment capacity. Students may apply for transfers to these campuses; however, students may not receive the first or second choice of the transfer requested. Please see the campuses identified as "limited space" campuses below:
- Arlington Heights High School
- Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School
- North Side High School
- O.D. Wyatt High School
- R.L. Paschal High School
- Polytechnic High School
- Kirkpatrick Middle School
- McLean Middle School
- Rosemont Middle School
- W.C. Stripling Middle School
- Charles Nash Elementary School
- Clifford Davis Elementary School
- Lily B Clayton Elementary School
- North Hi Mount Elementary School
- Westcliff Elementary School
- Westpark Elementary School
The following are FWISD Schools of Choice and DO NOT accept transfers:
- I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA
- Marine Creek Collegiate
- Trimble Tech High
- Texas Academy of Biomedical Sciences
- TCC South Collegiate High School
- World Languages Institute
- Young Men’s Leadership Academy
- Young Women’s Leadership Academy
- Applied Learning Academy
- Daggett Montessori