Welcome to the Fort Worth ISD
Office of Adult Education
"Empowering Adults Today for a Better Tomorrow"
The FWISD Office of Adult Education is committed to meeting the learning needs of our communities across Tarrant County by:
- Empowering adults striving to improve their basic skills through adult education and;
- Promoting continued learning that will prepare adults for higher education or skills training leading to a career.
We will implement instruction using quality research-based, materials-appropriate content and methods to meet the need of the adult learner. We will offer continued support and professional development opportunities to foster a talented and dedicated staff to meet our objectives.
The FWISD and the Tarrant County Adult Education and Literacy Consortium (TCAELC) Adult Education Programs are grant supported with state and federal funds received from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
FWISD Adult Education and Literacy services include:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) for Professionals – These classes are for ESL students with a foreign degree.
- ABE/ASE/HSE Classes (Adult Basic Education/General Education Development) – These classes prepare adults for success on obtaining their High School Equivalency (HSE) test.
- Adult ESL Classes (English as Second Language) – These classes assist adults in learning to speak, read, and write English at all levels.
- EL Civics (English Literacy & Civics) – These classes assist adults in preparing for citizenship.
- Transitions/Career Trainings – These classes are for high level students who may or may not yet have their high school diploma. Students will develop workplace and college readiness skills and receive hands-on career training in their chosen field while earning an in-demand credential.
- Workplace Literacy Adult Education and Literacy – These are onsite classes at an employer’s place of business customized to the needs of the company’s operations to improve English language and math/reading/writing skills for their employees. Instructors and curriculum are provided onsite by the program at no cost to the employer. Additionally, training opportunities can be identified and provided to enhance employee skills and add value for the employer.
We offer a selection of free classes available to all individuals 17 or older. Whether you need career advancement, refresher in math/reading/writing, a High School Equivalency (HSE), or just need to improve your English skills, we have a class for you.
Virtual and remote learning options are available! Registration is required to attend classes. To get registered or to get more information give us a call today at 817-402-7555.
Please visit our Enrollment Procedures page for instructions on how to become a student in our program.