Welcome to the Fort Worth ISD Office of Adult Education
"Empowering Adults Today for a Better Tomorrow"
The FWISD Adult Education is committed to meeting the learning needs of our communities across Tarrant County by empowering adults striving to improve their basic skills through adult education and to promote continued learning that will prepare adults for higher education or skills training that lead to a career. We will implement instruction using quality research-based materials appropriate content and methods to meet the need of the adult learner. We will offer continued support and professional development opportunities to foster a talented and dedicated staff to meet our objectives.
The Fort Worth Independent School District and the Tarrant County Adult Education and Literacy Constortiom (TCAELC) Adult Education Programs are grant supported with state and federal funds received from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
Fort Worth ISD Adult Education and Literacy services provided are:
- ESL for Professionals These class is for ESL students with a foreign degree.
- ABE/ASE/HSE Classes (Adult Basic Education/General Education Development) These classes prepare adults for success on obtaining their High School Equivalency (HSE) test.
- Adult ESL Classes(English as Second Language) These classes assist adults in learning to speak, read, and write English at all levels
- EL Civics (English Literacy & Civics) These classes assists adults in preparing for citizenship.
- Transitions/Career Trainings These classes are for high level students that may or may not have their high school diploma yet. Students will develop workplace and college readiness skills and receive hands on career training in their chosen field while earning an in-demand credential.
- Workplace Literacy Adult Education and Literacy provides classes onsite for the employer customized to the needs of the business to improve English language and math/reading/writing skills for employees. Instructors and curriculum are provided onsite by the program at no cost to the employer. Additionally, training opportunities can be identified and provided to enhance the employee skills and add value for the employer.
We offer a selection of free classes available to all individuals 17 or older. Whether you need career advancement, refresher in math/reading/writing, need to get your High School Equivalency (HSE), or need to improve your English skills, we have a class for you. Virtual and remote learning options are available! Registration is required to attend classes. To get registered or to get more information give us a call today at 817-402-7555.
Please visit our Enrollment Procedures page for instructions on how to become a student in our program.