The Benbrook School building moved to its present location on Mercedes Street in 1953, on land donated by Mrs. Grace Cozby and Duane Johnson. Construction was funded by school improvement bonds and a federal grant received because of the large number of defense plant workers.
Today, Benbrook Elementary has grown and thrived and serves pre-kindergarten through fifth grade students. An active Parent Teacher Association supports the school along with several dedicated community volunteers. The professional, dedicated faculty are proud to work with the students and families of Benbrook and strive to provide a challenging and rigorous curriculum for all students.