Lone Star Governance
The intention of Lone Star Governance is to provide a continuous improvement model for School Boards, in collaboration with their Superintendents, to focus intensively on one primary objective: Improving Student Outcomes. Lone Star Governance accomplishes this intense focus through the execution of five points of the Texas Framework for School Board Development: Vision, Accountability, Structure, Unity, and Advocacy.
Lone Star Governance also provides a system for governing the legal and fiscal responsibilities of the School Board.The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has developed an in intensive, two-day workshop for School Board Members and Superintendents to provide a space for governing teams to learn about and prepare for the intense focus on improving student outcomes, as described by the Lone Star Governance implementation integrity instrument (PDF).
Fort Worth ISD Lone Star Governance Documents
- FWISD Student Outcome Goals and Goal Progress Measures
- Implementation Integrity Instrument: FWISD - Quarterly Point Goals to Stay On-Target
- Self-evaluation Baseline - January 17, 2017 Board Workshop
- Quarter One Self-evaluation and Board Meeting Minutes - Approved at the April 25, 2017 Board Meeting
- FWISD School Board Meeting Minutes by Category - As of March 21, 2017 (Quarter One)
- FWISD School Board Meeting Minutes by Category - As of September 26, 2017 Quarter Two and Quarter Three
- Board Monitoring Calendar - updated and approved at the September 12, 2017 Board Meeting
- FWISD Board Constraints for the Superintendent - Board Approved June 27, 2017
- Quarter Two Self-evaluation and Board Meeting Minutes - Approved at the August 15, 2017 Board Meeting
- Quarterly Board Progress Tracker and Board Meeting Minutes - 2nd Quarter - Approved at Sept. 12, 2017 Bd. Mtg.
- Quarter Three Self-evaluation - Approved at the October 24, 2017 Board Meeting
- Quarterly Board Progress Tracker - 3rd Quarter - Approved at Dec. 12, 2017 Bd. Mtg.