Hi everyone, going into my 2nd year I am learning a lot about our wonderful family here at Burton Hill. I thought it might be a good time to explain my philosophy as far as how I take care of the kiddo’s here at BHE.
1. I treat every kiddo like they are my own, after all, they are my kids for 10 months of each year, I will take care of them as best I can.
2. I wanted you to each know that you will only get a call from me if there is something I am concerned/worried about, your child needs to be picked up, or your child wants to talk to you. If I need to call you for a question or something else, I will start that phone call with “There is
Nothing going on”, that way you don’t worry.
3. For stomach aches, generally I will take temperatures, give some water, offer a peppermint or cracker to see if that helps. They will be given the opportunity to use the restroom and rest for about 10 minutes. They will then be sent back to class. If there is a fever or I suspect something else is going on, I will contact you.
4. Please if you have any questions or any concerns my door is always open and you can call me at any time. 817-815-1420
5. I will also have a table set up at the open house to talk with you and answer questions, as well as I will have a student nurse there to talk with you about our Kinsa program that was started last year.
Thank you, I look forward to seeing you all next week.
Carey Diner, RN
School Nurse, BHE
Carey Diner, RN BSN
School Nurse – Burton Hill ES #107