Architecture & Construction
Electricians is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Electricians install and fix electrical systems in new homes, offices, and factories. Some maintain the machines and electrical systems in buildings.
- Earnings Range: $14 – 39/Hour
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- Read blueprints and understand building codes
- Install electrical wiring in buildings
- Connect wiring to control panels and electricity sources
- Install electrical control devices such as switches and outlets
- Maintenance electricians maintain the electrical systems of industrial machines
Attributes & Abilities
- Mechanically inclined with an aptitude for math
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Physical strength
- Hand-eye coordination
- Good eyesight and color vision
- Work for electrical contracting companies, industrial plants, and construction companies, or are self-employed
- Work in homes, on construction sites, in factories, and in electrical utility stations
- There is some danger of electrical shocks
- Most work a 5-day, 40-hour week, but overtime is sometimes necessary
- Maintenance electricians may often work evenings and weekends
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
NCCER Entry Level Craft Skills;
NCCER Electrical Level I;
NCCER Electrical Level II;
Electrical Apprentice License (Texas Dept of Licensing and Regulation)
Not Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Certification