Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
AUDIO VIDEO PRODUCTION
Polytechnic // Southwest // Trimble Technical // Western Hills
Audio-Visual Technician is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Audio-Visual Technicians set up, operate, and maintain AV equipment. They use equipment like projectors and speakers for all sorts of events.
- Earnings Range: $23,000 – 75,000
Level of Education
- High School
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- 4-Year College or University
- Move equipment to where it is needed
- Set up equipment and make sure it works properly
- Install and maintain permanent multimedia systems
- Teach others how to use equipment
- Maintain equipment and make small repairs
Attributes & Abilities
- Technically inclined
- An interest in technology
- Communication skills
- Work well as part of a team
- Work for school boards, colleges, convention centers, government departments, and hospitals
- Work mainly indoors, but may also work outdoors
- The work can be physically demanding
- Most work a regular 40-hour week, though overtime and shift work are sometimes required
- Local travel may be required
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Adobe Certified Associate-Premiere;
Apple Final Cut Pro Certification