Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
Photographers is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Photographers create images that tell stories or record events. They have advanced artistic and technical camera skills.
- Earnings Range: $17,000 – 80,000
Level of Education
- High School
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- 4-Year College or University
- Decide what types of cameras, lenses, filters, and lighting equipment will be needed
- Choose what angles to shoot from, how close to get to subjects, and how to frame shots
- May set up lights and backdrops
- While shooting, adjust camera settings, such as shutter speed and aperture width
- Use computers to fix and alter images
Attributes & Abilities
- Good vision
- Hand-eye coordination
- Work for newspapers, magazines, ad agencies, photographic studios, wedding photography companies, or are self-employed
- Work indoors in well-lit studios, or outdoors in any weather conditions
- Most have to do some traveling, and some may travel a great deal
- Some may find themselves in life-threatening situations, such as traveling in war-torn areas
- Hours vary greatly depending on the position
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Adobe Certified Associate- Photoshop