Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
Diamond Hill-Jarvis // Trimble Technical
Fashion Designer is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Fashion designers create unique fashions for people to wear. They also reinvent old styles by designing new types of clothing.
- Earnings Range: $34,000 – 200,000
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- 4-Year College or University
- Research trends in fashion
- Envision new outfits and clothing, selecting the cut, color, and fabric
- Produce detailed drawings of their ideas
- Calculate how much material is needed
- Some sew together the clothing themselves, while others supervise other workers
Attributes & Abilities
- Attributes & Abilities
- An eye for color and design
- Drawing and sewing skills
- Basic math skills
- Work for clothing manufacturing companies and design houses, or are self-employed
- Some travel frequently
- Most work 9 to 10 hours a day, and weekend work is common
- The work can be stressful and competitive
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
None at this time.