Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
DIGITAL GAMING PRODUCTION
Video Game Developer is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Video Game Developers design, make, and test video games. They combine storytelling and technology to create immersive experiences for game players.
- Earnings Range: $35,000 – 100,000
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- 4-Year College or University
- Programmers write the computer code that controls gameplay
- Graphic artists design characters, backgrounds, and other elements of a game’s look
- Musicians and sound designers create music and sound effects
- Writers develop plots, text, and dialogue
- Producers and managers oversee the work
Attributes & Abilities
- Work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of current video games
- An understanding of popular culture, entertainment, and technology
- Marketing and business skills are helpful
- Employed by video game production companies, or are self-employed
- Work on computers in offices or from home
- Interact with programmers, artists, project managers, and others
- Most work 9 to 10 hours a day, and weekend work is common
- May travel to attend conferences
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Adobe Certified Associate- Photoshop;
Adobe Certified Associate-Illustrator