Business Management & Finance
BUSINESS INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Diamond Hill-Jarvis // Eastern Hills // North Side // Southwest // Trimble Technical // Western Hills
Data Entry Clerk is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Data Entry Clerks input data from documents into electronic files, spreadsheets, or databases. They work for a range of companies in all industries.
- Earnings Range: $9 – 20/Hour
Level of Education
- High School
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- Type information into a computerized spreadsheet or database
- Compare the information entered with the original source
- File or store the original source documents
- Some research, collect, and analyze the data they input
- Some prepare reports based on data entered
Attributes & Abilities
- Able to type quickly and accurately
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Work for government agencies, banks, and other large companies and organizations
- Some work on an on-call basis for temporary staffing agencies
- Work in offices in front of computers
- Long hours in front of a computer can cause eye, wrist, and back strain
- Usually work 40 hours a week, sometimes including evenings and weekends
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification