Business Management & Finance
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
Carter-Riverside // Eastern Hills // North Side // O.D. Wyatt // Paschal // Polytechnic // South Hills // Trimble Technical // Western Hills
Accountant is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Accountants analyze financial data and prepare reports on finances for clients and employers. They also make budgets and file taxes.Earnings
- Earnings Range: $400,000 – 114,000
Level of Education
- 4-Year College
- Develop accounting systems for clients to track their expenses
- Analyze accounting records to monitor the financial health of clients
- Create reports outlining the findings
- Advise clients on expense levels, estate planning, and related subjects
- Calculate taxes owed and prepare tax returns
Attributes & Abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Research skills
- An understanding of business, taxes, and finance
- Good with people
- Work for accounting firms, government agencies, and in the accounting departments of large businesses; or are self-employed
- Work indoors in offices
- Spend a great deal of time meeting with clients
- Many travel frequently to clients’ offices or places of business
- Most work at least 40 hours a week, and those who run their own businesses tend to work longer hours
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
None offered at this time.