Health Science Technology
Medical Assistant is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Medical Assistants perform administrative and clinical tasks for doctors and other health care providers. They may do everything from filing records to helping examine patients.
- Earnings Range: $10 – 20/Hour
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- Check patients’ vital signs and take medical histories
- Collect blood and other samples from patients
- Prepare medications, give injections, change bandages, and remove stitches
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, greet patients, and maintain medical records
- Submit insurance forms and order supplies
Attributes & Abilities
- Good with people
- Able to multitask
- Knowledge of other languages is useful
- Employed by doctors and other health care professionals, hospitals and other health care centers, and government agencies
- Full-time assistants work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
- Some work part-time
- May work evenings and weekends
- In frequent contact with patients, both in person and over the phone
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Not Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Certification;