Health Science Technology
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
TABS // Trimble Technical
Nursing Assistant is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Nursing Assistants care for patients who are too ill or weak to eat, move, or groom themselves on their own. They measure patients' vital signs and report any changes in health to the nurse.
- Earnings Range: $9 – 17/Hour
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- Help patients sit up, turn over, get out of bed, or walk
- Help patients eat, drink, dress, bathe, and brush their teeth
- Monitor patients’ conditions and notify nurses of changes
- Change bed linens and keep rooms tidy
- Provide patients with emotional support
Attributes & Abilities
- Patient, understanding, and level-headed
- Concern for people’s well-being
- Communication skills
- Able to follow instructions
- Most work in hospitals, nursing homes, or long-term care facilities
- Full-time assistants generally work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day
- Many work shifts, including evenings and weekends
- The work is physically demanding
- Potential hazards include contact with patients who have infectious diseases
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Not Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Certification;