Hospitality & Tourism
HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
Hotel Manager is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Hotel Managers direct the operations of hotels, motels, and resorts. They ensure that everything runs smoothly and that the hotel is profitable.
- Earnings Range: $28,000 – 86,000
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- 4-Year College or University
- Oversee the hotel departments, including housekeeping and the front desk
- Organize and supervise hotel staff
- Interact with guests and handle their complaints
- Monitor the hotel’s financial performance and look for ways to improve it
- Plan advertising and promotion campaigns
Attributes & Abilities
- Good with people
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Employed by hotels and resorts
- Work 10 to 12 hours a day
- May work evenings and weekends
- Usually on call when not working
- The work can be stressful
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
ServSafe Food Handlers Certification;
ServSafe Food Managers Certification;
ServSafe Food Allergens