Hospitality & Tourism
North Side // O.D. Wyatt // Polytechnic // South Hills // Trimble Technical
Restaurant Manager is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Restaurant Managers are in charge of all aspects of a restaurant. They make sure that their customers are happy with the meal.
- Earnings Range: $31,000 – 81,000
Level of Education
- High School
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- Interact with customers and handle their complaints
- Hire and fire staff, prepare work schedules, and assign duties
- Keep track of inventory and order supplies
- Ensure health and safety standards are met
- Prepare budgets, maintain sales records, and manage payrolls
Attributes & Abilities
- Good with people
- Prior experience working in a restaurant
- Employed by hotels and restaurants, or manage their own restaurants
- May have to deal with angry customers or difficult employees
- Hours vary depending on the kind of restaurant they manage
- Many work long and irregular hours, especially owners
- Evening and weekend work is common
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
ServSafe Food Handlers Certification;
ServSafe Food Managers Certification;
ServSafe Food Allergens