Computer Network Specialist is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Computer Network Specialists create electronic links between computers and organizations. They make it possible to share information without ever leaving your desk.
- Earnings Range: $42,000 – 116,000
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- 4-Year College or University
- Set up computers and workstations, and install network software
- Monitor the network from a central server
- Set up user accounts, and delete files from the server
- Teach staff to use the network
- Some handle security issues or design off-site systems for emergencies
Attributes & Abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Good with people
- Employers include banks, governments, school boards, colleges, hospitals, and other network-reliant organizations
- Some are self-employed
- Work mainly in offices, alone or as part of a team
- The work can be stressful
- Most work a 5-day, 40-hour week, but overtime is sometimes necessary
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
CompTIA© A+ Certification;
Not Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Certification