Paschal // Trimble Technical
Computer Programmer is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Computer Programmers write, test, develop, and maintain software programs. Every function on a computer, from typing to altering photos, is the work of a piece of software.
- Earnings Range: $40,000 – 100,000
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- 4-Year College or University
- Analyze tasks that programs are needed to perform
- Plan a framework for a program that can perform the required tasks
- Write out line-by-line instructions in a programming language
- Document their work
- Test software to ensure that it is working
Attributes & Abilities
- Research skills
- Writing skills
- Time management skills
- Think logically and creatively
- Work for software companies, governments, and large businesses
- Some work as independent consultants
- Most work 40 to 50 hours a week
- Work in offices in front of computers
- May travel to meet with clients
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Oracle SQL Certification;
Oracle Certified Associate;
Not Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Certification