Dunbar // North Side // Trimble Technical
Cosmetologists is one of the career choices for this career focus.
Cosmetologists are beauty professionals who work on hair, skin, and nails. They help their clients keep these parts of the body healthy and attractive.
- Earnings Range: $17,000 – 52,000
Level of Education
- 2-Year College or Technical Training
- Cut, style, and color hair, and apply products to correct problems such as dandruff
- Provide makeup analysis and apply makeup
- Give facials using creams, facial masks, and massage techniques
- Do manicures and pedicures
- Usually specialize in a particular area, such as hairstyling
Attributes & Abilities
- A sense of style
- Work well with your hands
- Enjoy working with people
- Patient and sensitive
- Willing to continually upgrade knowledge and skills
- Work for salons, spas, beauty product companies, and department stores
- Some are self-employed
- May work evenings and weekends
- On their feet much of the time
- May develop sensitivities or allergies from working with chemicals
Log into Career Cruising to view more information about this career and others in this career focus!
Information obtained from Career Cruising.
High School Certification Options in Fort Worth ISD
Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
Cosmetology Operators License from Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
Not Counted Towards Performance Acknowledgement:
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Certification