District Parent Engagement Policy
Each district that receives Title I, Part A funds shall develop jointly with, agree on with, and distribute to, parents of participating children a written parent involvement policy. The policy shall be incorporated into the District’s plan developed under 20 U.S.C. 6312, establish the District’s expectations for parent involvement, and describe how the District will:
- Involve parents in the joint development of the plan under 20 U.S.C. 6312, and the process of school review and improvement under 20 U.S.C. 6316;
- Provide the coordination, technical assistance, and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance;
- Build the schools’ and parents’ capacity for strong parental involvement as described at 20 U.S.C. 6318(e);
- Coordinate and integrate parental involvement strategies under Title I, Part A with parental involvement strategies under other ESEA programs;
- Conduct, with the involvement of parents, an annual evaluation of the parental involvement policy as described at 20 U.S.C. 6318(a)(2)(E), and use the findings of the evaluation as described in that section; and
- Involve parents in the activities of the schools served under this part.
Each school served under Title I, Part A shall jointly develop with, and distribute to, parents of participating children a written parental involvement policy, agreed on by such parents, that shall describe the means for carrying out the requirements of 20 U.S.C. 6318(c)–(f). Parents shall be notified of the policy in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practicable, provided in a language the parents can understand. Such policy shall be made available to the local community and updated periodically to meet the changing needs of parents and the school.
We want to make sure our District Parent Engagement Policy is meaningful and effective, and we want to hear from you.
If you have any comments or concerns, please email the Director of Family Communications Jennifer Perez.