Guidelines for Public Comment
- Following the posting of the Board meeting agenda, anyone wishing to address the Board shall sign up by contacting the Board of Education office by telephone at 817.814.1920 until 5:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting or by signing up with the presiding officer or designee at the Board meeting before the gavel falls to commence the meeting.
- Participants must specify the agenda item(s) or topic(s) of their comment(s).
- No presentation shall exceed three minutes, unless the speaker receives prior approval for additional time because of the use of a translator. When necessary for effective meeting management or to accommodate large numbers of individuals wishing to address the Board, the presiding officer may make adjustments to public comment procedures.
- Participants who require the assistance of a translator are permitted double the allotted time of participants who do not require the assistance of a translator.
- Participants may not relinquish their time to another speaker.
- For complete guidelines on Pubic Comment and/or participation, see Board Policy BED (LOCAL)