Guidelines for Public Comment
- Following the posting of the Board meeting agenda, anyone desiring to make a public comment may sign-up by calling 817-814-1920 by 4:00 PM the day of the meeting and may sign-up at the meeting until 5:20 PM. Individuals desiring to make a public comment by written statement may email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 PM the day of the meeting. Written statements will be shared with the Board of Trustees prior to the meeting and will not be read aloud during the Board meeting.
- Participants must specify the agenda item(s) or topic(s) of their comment(s).
- No presentation shall exceed three minutes, unless the speaker receives prior approval for additional time because of the use of a translator. When necessary for effective meeting management or to accommodate large numbers of individuals wishing to address the Board, the presiding officer may make adjustments to public comment procedures.
- Participants who require the assistance of a translator are permitted double the allotted time of participants who do not require the assistance of a translator.
- Participants may not relinquish their time to another speaker.
- For complete guidelines on Pubic Comment and/or participation, see Board Policy BED (LOCAL)