Timeline for Secondary Open Transfer Period
A transfer, once made, shall remain in effect as long as the student is in the same school.
March 1 - 29, 2019
- Parents get a Transfer Request form from the student’s home school and takes to requested receiving school. PEG transfers are also included during this time frame. A student may not transfer from one low performing school to another low performing school.
April 1-12, 2019
- Receiving school determines approvals/denials using the Order of Priority
April 15, 2019 (deadline to send responses)
- Receiving schools send out approval/denial mailers in English/Spanish to requesting parents via US Mail
April 16 – May 6, 2019
- Parents have 15 school days to appeal denied transfer request to Secondary School Leadership
September 3, 2019
- First day of administrative contracts
Transportation is NOT provided to regular transfer students.
These campuses will accept transfers but place students on a wait list.
- Benbrook M/HS
- Arlington Heights HS
- Paschal HS
- South Hills HS
- McLean MS
- McLean 6th
- Stripling MS
- Monnig MS
- Jacquet MS
- Leonard MS
POC Schools Not Accepting Transfers
- I.M. Terrell Academy for STEM and VPA
- Marine Creek Collegiate
- TCC South Collegiate
- Trimble Tech HS
- World Languages Institute
- Applied Learning Academy
- Como Montessori
- Daggett Montessori