CLINIC HOURS: 7:40 am to 3:25 pm PHONE: 817-814-4620 FAX: 817-814-4650 EMAIL
Reminders :: Healthy Students :: Medication Forms :: Immunization Info :: Screening Info :: Field Trip Info
HEALTH OFFICE REMINDERS
Every new school year:
- All students must have up-to-date vaccinations to attend school.
- Update your contact & emergency contact(s) information.
- Have a plan on what to do if your child needs to go home, especially if you’re not available.
- Follow the 24-hour fever-free vomit-free diarrhea-free rule before returning your child to school.
- Report communicable diseases to the nurse (ex.Covid, strep, chicken pox, flu and lice).
- All medications must have a doctor's written order, even over-the-counter medications like Tylenol, Advil, or eye drops.
HEALTHY STUDENTS MAKE BETTER LEARNERS
Students should stay at home if any of these symptoms exist:
- Fever 100.0 F or greater
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Shortness of Breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
Students should only return to school:
- When the temperature is normal for the past 24 hours without fever-reducing medication
- When diarrhea or vomiting has stopped for a full 24 hours without the aid of medication
- 24 hours after a student takes a prescribed antibiotic
- A student feels well enough to be in school for a full day
- A physician licensed to practice medicine in the United States must complete the form or write a letter (you cannot use a homeopathic practitioner or chiropractor).
- The form/letter is good for 1 school year, then a new form/letter will have to be obtained for the following school year.
- This affidavit is good for 2 years, then you will have to reapply.
- For your convenience, Kirkpatrick ES has a notary on staff.
- Hearing and Vision screenings for all pupils in grades PK, K, 1, 3, 5, and 7.
- Height and Weight screenings for all pupils in grades 3 and 5.
- Acanthosis Nigricans screenings, a pre-diabetes skin marker on the nape of the neck, for all pupils in grades 1, 3, 5, and 7.
- Spinal screenings for females in grade 5 (10 yo) and males in grade 8 (14 yo).
- All screenings are performed on new students.
FIELD TRIP INFO