Fort Worth ISD has made it a priority to do business with Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) firms. Aimed at providing HUB firms with greater information and access to construction, architecture, engineering, professional services, and technology contracts, Fort Worth ISD is dedicated to providing opportunities that can help minority- and women-owned business enterprises (M/WBE) to continue to thrive.
As a part of the CIP, the program management team has assigned a HUB specialist to assist in the success of the HUB program. The CIP and PROCEDEO HUB Coordinators will serve as a driving force leading community outreach efforts, procurement activities, conducting one-on-one meetings with firms selected and presentations with minority chambers. The team will also provide program communications including emails, fliers and as well as provide information to Fort Worth ISD’s Communications Department to be included through their communications channels on social media and the web.
Historically Underutilized Businesses
The Fort Worth ISD seeks to increase the pool of qualified Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) competing for business opportunities. The Program is designed to equip small and local firms with information, access and referrals to agencies that can provide technical assistance such as bonding and insurance, certifications and financial services. The Program’s mission is to promote the long-term competitive capacity of such firms. Fort Worth ISD has a HUB expectation of 25%.
- To increase the pool of qualified HUB firms
- To maximize HUB opportunities within the District
- To ensure contract compliance in the award and administration of contracts
- To implement the HUB program and policy in all facets of the District’s procurement activities
- To foster and advocate the benefits and importance of HUB utilization within the District
- The State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)
- North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (NCTRCA)
- The U.S Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Any other recognized certification
CIP Safety Awareness Orientation
Construction Safety is priority one for the Capital Improvement Program (CIP). The CIP Office will provide a Safety Orientation for General Contractors employees working on active projects. To schedule an appointment, please contact Eric Bowden