Minutes have not been officially typed yet, but here is some of what was discussed:Attendees:
- Amparo Dinsmore - President
- Terra Lee-Ross - Membership & Event Chairperson
- Quanda Collins - Principal
- Brittney Clarke - Sponsor
- Zane Duarte - Faculty Representative on behalf of Hsueh who wasn't able to attend.
Ideas to look into:
- Homecoming on 10/4. Professor C. Smith is sponsor.
- Fundraising is currently on hold. (Since then, fundraising is back on.)
- Movie Night, with entrance 'fee' being to donate a book to Book Club.
- Club Sponsors/Officers speak at PTSO meetings. Host one club per meeting to be a part of the agenda.
- RaiseMe App - For Community Service Hours & will potentially give students scholarships.
- Survey for people to let us know locations they are interested in having meetings as well as what day works best for them.
- Amy Draper would like to be on agenda for September 20, 2019 to discuss PSAT.
- Mayra Vincent & Gabriela Gonzalez would like to be on agenda for October 17, 2019 meeting.
- We hope to have Book Club at either September 20 meeting or October 17 meeting to talk.
- We hope to have Interact Club at November meeting.
- Send Bylaws in word form to Amparo (attached.)
- Update Bylaws that have been approved.
- Look into 'charging' a small amount for membership to PTSO eventually.
- Open Bank Account
- Change Date of November meeting.
- Ask Mrs. West if donating books would be an issue (legally).
- Create survey to send out.
Meeting Date Changes:
- PTSO Meeting: September 20, 2019
- Board Meeting: October 14, 2019
- PTSO Meeting: October 17, 2019
Adjourned about 4:30pm.
- November date needs to change since it is before thanksgiving holiday. ( And ensure we do not schedule March or May near Spring Break/End of school.)