It's Time for Duke Tip 2019!
This is your one stop shop for all of the information for the Duke Tip Test. A student qualifies for the Duke Tip Test by making certain scores on either 5th or 6th grade STAAR tests. However, any 7th grader can sign up to take the Duke Tip Test. Please follow the instructions below to register your student for Duke Tip.
1. Please review the information about the program is available on the Duke TIP website:
2. Sign your child up for the Duke Tip Test https://apply.tip.duke.edu/ The website will ask you which STAAR test was your child's qualifier. If you are unsure of your child's STAAR scores and which one was their qualifier please call the McLean Counseling Clerk, Mayra Estrada at 817-814-5307 and she will be hapy to get you that information. *All registration will be done online this year. There will be no paper or mail in registrations. Online applications are due November 4th.
3. *The Fee for the Test is $80 or students with Free/Reduced lunch designation qualify for a $30 fee grant. You are responsible for completing and submitting the fee waiver if you qualify. English Fee Waiver Spanish Fee Waiver
4. Review the Benefits: https://tip.duke.edu/programs/7th-grade-talent-search/student-benefits
5. Key dates: We recommend registering for the December 7th, 2019 SAT to give you enough time to prepare and be included on all 2020 Duke TIP reports: https://tip.duke.edu/programs/7th-grade-talent-search/key-dates
6. Preparation: Online resources include Khan Academy and College Board: