If you are already a volunteer, please do the volunteer waiver here:
Boo at the Zoo Volunteers:
You MUST attend the October 17, 2019 Interact Club Meeting. We will discuss where to meet at the zoo, and other important information.
Please read the following guidelines and information regarding the event.
Day of Reminders:
- Volunteers are required to wear a volunteer T-shirt provided by the Zoo upon arrival. No masks or costumes please.
- Wear comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather. Athletic shoes are best.
- Lock all valuables in the trunk of your car or leave them at home. The Fort Worth Zoo does not provide a place to store purses, backpacks or other valuables, and is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Park on the right side of the main lot, look for signs designating volunteer parking.
- We encourage everyone to please carpool so that we can leave plenty of spaces for families attending the event.
Please arrive by 9 a.m. on your registered day. You will check in at the Education Center
- Directions to the Education Center
The Fort Worth Zoo Education Center shares the main parking lot with the Zoo itself. The building is located on the right side of the parking lot, toward the ticket booth. Look for a thatch-roofed cabana with a sign for Adventure Base Camp and follow the ramp on its right-hand side. From there, a bridge leads directly to the Education Center.
- There will be signs directing volunteers to the check in location from the parking lot.
- Upon arrival, volunteers must check in at the volunteer table, where you will receive a volunteer T-shirt and assignment. You should be prepared to stay until approximately 5:30 p.m. We cannot accommodate early departures.
- Groups are registered under one contact name. Individuals in the group will not be listed, so please remember your main contact's name and/or your organization's name. You will be asked to provide this information upon arrival. REGISTERED UNDER BRITTNEY CLARKE, FWISD COLLEGIATE HIGH SCHOOL.
- Volunteer assignments are given on a first-come, first-served basis. If you arrive with a group, we will try to assign you in a location together, but please keep in mind that this may not be possible due to the nature of some of the volunteer assignments. We will likely be able to assign you in smaller groups or pairs.
- Please do not use cell phones and/or other electronic devices while volunteering.
- All minors will have a chaperone assigned to them (1 adult per every 5 minors.) You will most likely not need your chaperone, but should know who it is in case of emergency.
- Community service forms should be completed by the volunteer and presented as you depart at the end of the day.
- Volunteers may not bring children with them while volunteering.
- The Fort Worth Zoo is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in or near the Zoo.
- We encourage volunteers to eat breakfast before arriving at the Zoo. Lunch will be provided. If you have dietary restrictions, please bring your own sack lunch.
- Each volunteer is required to submit a waiver at the link below.
Inclement Weather Policy:
The event will take place rain or shine. It will only be canceled in the event of severe weather (hail, flooding etc.).
If you have any questions, please email [http://]firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support! We look forward to working with you to make Boo at the Zoo a spooktacular event!