Student and Staff Pre-screening
All students and staff will pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily prior to arrival. A QR Code will be provided for daily pre-screening.
- Staff will be required to complete a self-screening process prior to entering a Fort Worth ISD building, and the District may require further screening of employees at any time based on current state and federal guidelines.
- A parent or guardian will be required to pre-screen their children for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending them to school. Parents will need to take their child’s temperature daily.
- Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has COVID-19 symptoms (as listed in this document).
- Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has lab-confirmed COVID-19, until all of the following conditions for re-entry are
Students and staff will be permitted to return to school when the following three conditions are met:
They are 1-day (24 hours) fever-free without using fever-reducing medication;
They have improved symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.);
5 days have passed since symptoms began.
Staff and students should not enter campuses or District buildings if any of the following apply.
- They are sick or have been sick in the past 2 days. Symptoms to watch for include fever (100°F or higher), cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, shaking or exaggerated shivering,
- They have confirmed cases of COVID-19 or have been in close contact with people with confirmed cases of COVID-19. These individuals must contact their supervisor/campus principal and follow all isolation and quarantine instructions from FWISD in accordance with local health authorities.
- Those who have travelled internationally in the past 14 days may return to school /work and must follow current CDC recommendations.
Additional screening may be conducted upon arrival to school and during the school day. Teachers will monitor students and refer them to the nurse if symptoms are present.