Student and Staff Pre-screening
All students and staff will pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily and individuals with symptoms prior to arrival. QR Code will be provided for daily pre-screening.
- Staff will be required to complete a self-screening process prior to entering a Fort Worth ISD building, and the District may require further screening of employees at any time based on current state and federal guidelines.
- A parent or guardian will be required to pre-screen their children for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending them to school. Parents will need to take their child’s temperature daily.
- Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has COVID-19 symptoms (as listed in this document).
- Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has
lab-confirmed COVID-19, until all of the below conditions for re-entry are met.
Students and staff will be permitted to return to school when:
- They are 3 days (72 hours) fever-free without using fever-reducing medication;
- Improved symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.);
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began.
Staff and students should not enter campuses or District buildings if any of the following apply. The individual :
- Is sick or has been sick in the past 14 days. Symptoms to watch for: fever (100°F or higher), cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, shaking or exaggerated shivering, diarrhea.
- Has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19. These individuals must follow all isolation and quarantine guidelines from the local health authority or their physician.
- Has a household member who is awaiting COVID-19 test results or is awaiting their own test results.
- Has traveled internationally or on a cruise in the past 14 days. These individuals must follow current CDC self-quarantine recommendations: CDC Recommendations Link
Additional screening may be conducted upon arrival to school and during the school day. Teachers will monitor students and refer them to the nurse if symptoms are present.