Classroom protocols and procedures will include expectations about school supplies, social distancing, limiting group work, hand washing and sanitizing:
- Students will participate in a health screening upon arrival to school. Students who do not pass health screenings or exhibit a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher will be referred to the school nurse for a parent pick up.
- Physical distancing will be implemented during in-person instructional settings.
- Proper handwashing procedures will be taught in every classroom. Additional preventative information will include covering your cough or sneeze, avoid touching your face, maintain physical distance, and use of face masks.
- Campus staff will ensure high-touch areas in the classroom are wiped in between classes.
- Whenever possible, students and staff will maintain consistent groupings of people to minimize the spread of the virus.
- Technology should be utilized when students are involved in collaborative work.
Each classroom will be outfitted with the following:
- Visual reminders of distancing requirements in all classrooms, marking off areas for common spaces and distancing best practices.
- Refillable alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations.
- Access to disinfectant to sanitize working surfaces.
- No touch thermometers for temperature checks.
- Elementary: Containers for students to store single-user items, such as pencils, crayons, scissors, ear buds, etc.