Isolation Procedures and COVID-19 Cases
For students displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or who are feeling feverish, the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home.
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up as soon as possible.
- Staff members displaying COVID-19 symptoms will follow District protocols, including isolation from students and other staff members.
If an individual who has been in a school is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, the school must notify the Fort Worth ISD health department.
- Schools identify any areas impacted by COVID-19 positive individuals for proper cleaning and disinfection.
- District communication will be provided to the students who came in close contact with a student or staff member displaying COVID-19 symptoms. Communication will be provided without disclosing the name of the infected individual.
- Individuals will be required to follow advice from the medical professionals and the CDC, including the possible imposition of a 14-day quarantine.
- Campuses and/or classrooms will be closed for cleaning in accordance with current guidelines.
COVID-19 Reporting Protocol
In the event of confirmed positive instances of COVID-19 at a District site, campus staff have specific reporting obligations.
All the following personnel must be notified in the event of a confirmed positive:
- Campus Administrator
- Campus Nurse
- Fort Worth ISD Health Services: (817) 814-2993
- Fort Worth ISD Maintenance Department: (817) 815-7400
- Fort Worth ISD Transportation Department: (817) 815-7900 (if applicable)
Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be permitted to return to school when:
- They are 24 hours fever-free without using fever-reducing medication;
- Improved symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.);
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began.