Isolation Procedures and COVID-19 Cases
For students displaying symptoms of COVID- 19 or who are feeling feverish, the school nurse will provide clinical assessments to determine if and when students need to be sent home.
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up as soon as
- Staff members displaying COVID-19 symptoms will follow District protocols, including isolation from students and other staff members.
- If an individual who has been in a school is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, the school must notify the Fort Worth ISD Health Services Department.
- Schools will identify any areas impacted by COVID-19 positive individuals for proper cleaning and disinfection.
- District communication will be provided to the students who came in close contact with a student or staff member displaying COVID-19 symptoms. Communication will be provided without disclosing the name of the infected
- Individuals will be required to follow advice from the medical professionals including the possible imposition of a 10-day
- Campuses and/or classrooms will be closed for cleaning in accordance with current guidelines.
COVID-19 Reporting Protocol
In the event of confirmed positive instances of COVID-19 at a District site, campus staff have specific reporting obligations.
All the following personnel must be notified in the event of a confirmed positive:
- Campus Administrator
- Campus Nurse
The COVID-19 Positive Case Communication Protocol will be initiated by the Campus Administrator addressing:
- Who has tested positive
- Date(s) and location(s) impacting the facility
- Potential close contacts
- Areas to be cleaned and disinfected
FWISD Health Services will:
- Respond to impacted individual(s) to provide quarantine instructions.
- Notify the Tarrant County Public Health Department of the reported positive case.
- Share relevant, non-personally identifiable information, as appropriate, with Deputy Superintendent and designated District Chiefs. Deputy Superintendent will inform the Superintendent and the Board of Trustees, as necessary or appropriate.
- Communicate with campus administrator to send notification to those with known exposure to the affected individual.*
- Provide public notification letters to direct supervisor or campus administrator for distribution as appropriate. *
* Communication will be provided without disclosing the name of the affected individual.
Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be permitted to return to school when the following three conditions are met:
- They are 1-day (24 hours) fever-free without using fever-reducing medication;
- They have improved symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.);
- 5 days have passed since symptoms