As schools reopen, students using District transportation services will follow revised protocols. The new safety and disinfection protocols will need to be followed starting at the time when students arrive at their designated bus stop and board the school bus.
- All students’ families will complete a daily wellness self-check from home (including a temperature check) prior to sending their students to the bus stop. If a student has temperature 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, they are to remain at home.
- Hand sanitizer shall be available to all passengers, and all passengers must sanitize prior to boarding the bus.
- Students will wear face masks while on a school bus, in a school facility, and throughout the school day.
- Social distancing practices will be followed to the greatest extent possible on the bus. Students will be able to sit two (2) students per seat when appropriate PPE is worn.
- All drivers will need to check-in with dispatch and have their temperature checked upon arrival prior to receiving their keys and route.
- Drivers will wear appropriate PPE, including face masks.
Ventilation on the Bus
- Efforts will be made to increase the ventilation on the bus to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- A/C filters will be replaced with greater frequency.
- Proper cleaning schedule will be followed to ensure debris is removed.
- Each bus will be sprayed with a disinfectant upon completion of each day.
COVID-19 Impact Notification
- Campuses will communicate with the Fort Worth ISD Transportation Department regarding cases in which a student has been impacted by COVID-19.