School Arrival and Dismissal
Campus Arrival Protocol
Given the many unique designs of Fort Worth ISD campuses, each principal will be responsible for designing an entry plan specific to their building. These individual campus plans will be shared before returning to campus after receiving approval by the District.
What are the required components of a campus entry plan?
- School exterior doors will open at least 10 minutes before school begins each day. No students are allowed on campus prior to this time to ensure health and safety procedures are followed.
- Social distancing lines shall be marked in front of entry points and in hallways.
- Staff is assigned to monitor social distancing in front of the campus as students enter the building.
- Staff is assigned to monitor social distancing in the hallways and classrooms.
- Breakfast will be served at the start of the school day.
How will student health checks be completed each day?
- School staff may perform health checks upon student arrival.
- If a student does not pass a health check or exhibits a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, campus staff will escort the student to the school nurse for next steps.
- Teachers will monitor students and refer them to the nurse if symptoms are present.
How will staff health checks be completed each day?
Staff will be required to self-screen prior to arrival; however, the District may require further screening of employees at any time based on current state and federal guidelines.
What if I usually walk my child to class?
- Students enter the building and walk to their classrooms independently during the pandemic.
- Campuses will develop a plan for students requiring unique accommodations.
Campus Dismissal Protocol
Given the many unique designs of Fort Worth ISD campuses, each principal will be responsible for designing a dismissal plan specific to their building. These individual campus plans will be shared before returning to campus after receiving approval by the District.
What are the required components of a campus dismissal plan?
- Students who ride the bus or are picked up by after school day care vans will be dismissed as soon as buses arrive at the end of the school day, but no more than 10 minutes before the scheduled dismissal time.
- Assign staff members to monitor social distancing during dismissal.
- Students with special needs will be assigned priority dismissial times.
- Dismissal times will be staggered with exits identified.
What unique procedures will be in place for our students at elementary campuses?
Students who have younger siblings will go to their youngest sibling’s location outside the school building and remain in that group until they are picked up by their parent or guardian.
What if I need to pick up my child for an early dismissal?
Parents are to call ahead so that students can be accompanied to parent vehicles upon arrival.