COVID-19 Discipline Protocol
Intentional Infection Spread: Any student intentionally coughing, sneezing, or spitting on another student or staff member with the intention of infecting the other student with COVID- 19 while on the bus, campus, or at a school-related event is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct:
Assault (Board Policy FO): Assault with bodily injury is defined by Texas Penal Code 22.1 (a)(1). A person commits an assault if the person intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another.
The following steps will be taken should this occur:
- Notify the campus
- The administrator shall remove the students quickly to investigate the
- Students should be taken to the school nurse or appropriate medical personnel if at a school sponsored event for an
- The school nurse or appropriate medical personnel should notify the campus administrator about the findings of the evaluation. Based on the nurse’s evaluation, proceed with caution and follow protocol for potentially highly contagious individuals.
- Notify parents/guardians of each student involved in the alleged
- The campus administrator may investigate the allegation to determine
- If the alleged behavior is determined to be intentional, the sequence of disciplinary interventions begin with the minimum disciplinary action and may progress to the more serious disciplinary consequences established in the Student Code of
- The appropriate offense/consequence is entered in the Student Information
- Contact the Office of Student Discipline and Placement at 817.814.2961 if additional assistance is required.