Athletics and Extracurriculars
The health and safety of our student athletes is the number one priority. Based on current information about COVID-19, a back-to-school athletic plan is designed to help prevent exposures to COVID-19 for all student athletes, coaches, and staff. The plan will be continuously updated as additional information becomes available.
Athletics will continue to work closely with the Fort Worth ISD administration and the University Interscholastic League (UIL), so timely and accurate information can guide appropriate responses. Local conditions will influence the decisions that public health officials make regarding community-level strategies. Campuses will implement the following safeguards:
- Staff and students will follow current face mask guidance. Effective June 4th, 2021, by order of Governor Abbott, masks will be optional for all staff and students but welcomed and available for those who choose to wear them.
- Parents will provide transportation for their students for summer activities.
- Limiting personal interaction - FWISD will continue to promote reasonable social distancing and limited group sizes when possible.
- Hygiene – hand washing will be emphasized before, during, and after team activities when practicable.
- Cleaning and sanitation – Routine and enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures will be implemented.
- Safe access to facilities – Facility entry and exit points will be coordinated to minimize personal interaction and promote reasonable social distancing social distancing.