Introduction to FWISD Virtual Instruction Overview for Parents and Community Members
The return of Fort Worth ISD students to learning will be very different this fall, as our top priority continues to be the safety and health of children, their families, teachers, and District staff during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
This Virtual Instruction Overview details what parents need to know about the first four weeks of school, when all instruction and learning will be online, and includes:
- An explanation of how our asynchronous, or self-paced, model of instruction will work
- A “Virtual Instruction At-A-Glance” guide that includes information about the technology and platforms teachers and students will use, how teachers will consistently engage with students at specific times, and how student progress will be measured.
- An FAQ section that provides answers regarding a variety of topics, including technology and internet access, participation in non-core courses, and grading and attendance
- A Special Education and Section 504 Guidance section
- A Dyslexia Guidance section
Parents, check back frequently to this Overview, as it will be updated as needed.