Pictured above, New Health & PE Teachers 2018-2019
Welcome to Health and Physical Education
Health, Physical Education & Coordinated School Health
The Fort Worth ISD supports health and physical education for all students. Lifetime benefits are derived from an active lifestyle and knowledge of the importance of nutrition, hygiene, and healthy choices made at a personal and interpersonal level.
To teach all FWISD students the benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle and provide tools to achieve lifetime wellness.
Our Health & Physical Education curricula aligns with state and national standards, and falls under the umbrella of our TEA-approved Coordinated School Health program.
- Elementary Health- 30 lessons per year
- Elementary Physical Education- a minimum of 135 minutes per week
- 6th Grade Health & Physical Education- "Moving to Wellness", a year-long course combining health and PE concepts
- 7th & 8th Grade Physical Education- one semester required each grade level
- High School Health- one semester required for graduation
- High School Physical Education- two semesters required for graduation
Links to School Board Policies
Health & Physical Education Department
Health Curriculum Specialist