What is an Equity Specialist?
In short, we are here to facilitate conversations about equity and support the successful implementation of equity work in Fort Worth ISD!
Here's a list of some of the things you might see us doing:
- Assisting with the implementation of Equity Teams meetings
- Providing ongoing support and professional development for campus-based teams and committees
- Facilitating equity-focused professional learning opportunities for all campus staff
- Coaching campus teachers and leaders in implementing action steps focused on equitable outcomes for all learners and communities
- Supporting equity-focused student groups (SLAM! and others)
- Conducting non-evaluative, instructional walks with a focus on equity
- Assisting campus staff in the development of equity-focused learning opportunities for staff and students
Specialists do not lead the equity work on your campus, but will provide coaching, support, and collaborate with those that do! Put us to work!