The diploma name must match the legal first and last name on file with the school and on record in FOCUS.
To change a legal first and/or last name on the diploma and the school record, you must submit a request with the registrar with supporting legal documentation (birth certificate, driver’s license, marriage certificate, passport, etc.) by fax or email to the WHHS Registrar. Please submit updates as soon as possible. Once diplomas are ordered you will not be able to make any changes.
During your senior year, a student link will be made available to proof diploma names. Parents/Seniors will be able to type out the diploma name. Please also keep in mind the following rules:
- Middle names are not controlled; you can add, remove, abbreviate, or expand your legal middle name as necessary.
- Suffixes are permissible (ex: Jr., III, IV)
- Periods (.) are not automatically placed after all middle initials. If you want a period after your middle initial(s) make sure to include it.
- To insert a special diacritical mark or accent, please copy and paste the character from Microsoft Word into the diploma name field in the student link.
- Names that are in all capital letters will be reverted to lowercase (only the first letter of each name is capitalized), or to the capitalization rules appearing on the legal documentation on file.
Any diploma name that does not match the legal first and last name on the record will be reverted to match the record.