- February 15 and 22 – Student Placement Center – Help is needed to fill backpacks with books and school supplies for students new to Fort Worth ISD who customarily speak or hear a language other than English in their homes. The books and other tools keep the children's minds stimulated and practicing literacy skills. See more information: https://forms.gle/FZovQhKbb8RHjWRM8
- February 19 – Healthy Youth, Healthy Schools, Healthy Communities – Dunbar High School – This annual conference brings educators and community members together to discuss strategies for promoting and improving the health and wellness of our youth and communities. The conference focuses on a holistic approach to health that recognizes the interdependence of academic achievement with physical, emotional, and social well-being. Volunteers are needed to assist with parking lot duties. For registration or more information: https://forms.gle/sBfaLKUgTMhKkm3K6
- February 23 and 24 - Consider becoming an ambassador for public education! Share with our community information about FWISD schools and their wonderful programs at the 2024 Cowtown Marathon -Will Rogers Memorial Center. For complete information or to register: https://forms.gle/QDidqduXWJK7BjaD9
- February 26, February 29, March 4 and March 7 - Assist with upcoming Community Meetings to gather valuable input and feedback for the five-year FWISD Strategic Plan. Meetings will be held at several FWISD high schools. For more information or to register, click on link: https://forms.gle/XbaPBv9RmAGGeqB76
- March 14 and every second Thursday of the month – FWISD Stop Six Food Drive – Join FWISD and the Tarrant Area Food Bank in distributing fresh, nutritious food to families in the area to improve their home learning environment. More information at: https://forms.gle/4DV1CG2iqvB7e4qr8
- Fort Worth Independent School District (FWISD) will hold a series of Student Registration Fairs, starting on April 13, to assist parents in registering their children for the 2024-25 school year. This support is crucial for parents who don't have access to computers or face language barriers. Bilingual and English volunteers are needed to help with registration, check-in, greeting families, and general assistance. If you're interested in volunteering on April 13 or any other future student registration fair, please sign up! Click on the following link: https://forms.gle/cThfLHrW2Xix11rS7
Fort Worth Independent School District has allocated funds for playgrounds. However, most funds are used to maintain and repair existing equipment. Fort Worth ISD collaborates with local organizations and the national nonprofit organization KABOOM! to build new student-designed, community-built playgrounds and outdoor learning spaces.
Please email Alma Pohler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your organization are interested in participating as volunteers or underwriters. We will include you in our mailing list and let you know the dates for the new playgrounds as soon as we get them: https://forms.gle/vDsS2FZYWBjnwPUL8.
Fort Worth Independent School District (FWISD) has a total of 140 schools. Each school has several volunteer opportunities available. To inquire about volunteering, please contact the school of your choice. You can find the directory of all FWISD schools, along with their addresses and telephone numbers, through the following link: FWISD school directory.
There are many more volunteer opportunities available in each of our schools. Contact the school of your preference or complete an online volunteer application at www.fwisd/volunteers. Thank you in advance for considering these events. Alma Pohler (email@example.com or 817-814-2973 office or 817-223-2310 cell).