DISTRICT COVID-19 LEAVE REQUEST PROCESS
District COVID-19 leave is authorized for employees who are required by Health Services disposition to quarantine due to COVID-19.
For FWISD Employees:
• The District COVID-19 Leave is not to exceed 80-hours for full time employees.
• Is pro-rated to the equivalent of 10 days for those working less than 40-hours per week.
• Provides for 100% of the employee’s daily rate for all regular Qualifying Employees.
• Can be used until leave is fully exhausted.
Medical Certification shall be submitted with the Leave Request Document for full consideration of the leave requested. Documents must clearly indicate the leave request is related to a covered COVID-19 leave request reason. Documents which do not demonstrate the leave is related to a covered COVID-19 leave, and/or failure to submit supporting documentation with the leave request, may result in the denial of the District’s COVID-19 leave.
Employees may be eligible for other types of leave as outlined under Board Policy DEC (LEGAL, LOCAL, REGULATION).
- Email from Health Services disposition with the dates of required quarantine. To contact Health Services please call 817-814-2990.
Employees who are absent from duty for any reason under the District's COVID-19 Leave are required to enter an absence in the District's absence reporting system at 817-814-7827 as "sick leave self". HCM staff will amend the absence reason accordingly in the absence reporting system once the leave request is approved.
For questions about leave related to an illness/absence qualifying under the District's COVID-19 leave, please contact us during regular business hours.