Master's of Liberal Arts for Teachers partnership with TCU
The MLA for Teachers partnership with Texas Christian University was designed to increase the number of credentialed dual credit instructors in Fort Worth ISD.
Noted points of interest:
- FWISD will pay for the first 18 Master's level credit hours to attain Dual Credit Credentials to become eligible to teach Dual credit in one year.
- Teachers may continue on and earn their Master's of Liberal Arts at their own expense.
- The final 12 hours of the MLA are at a discounted TCU rate
- The entire program is ONLINE with no specific class meeting times
- The program is cohort-based and teachers will take 6 hours per semester
- Applicants must have a bachelors degree to apply
- No entrance exams are required for admissions
The MLA Program for Teachers will begin Spring 2022 with its first cohort.
- Cohort 1 begins Spring 2022 Content Specific to English
- Cohort 2 begins Fall 2022 Content Specific to English
- Cohort 3 begins Fall 2023 Content TBD
- Further Cohorts and Contents TBD
Click here to watch the Information Session from August 10, 2021
Click Here to Apply to the Program
Visit the TCU MLA for Teachers Website